Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and to promote dialogue and understanding between people and cultures through cooperation with Third-Countries. In addition, it contributes to the development of human resources and the international cooperation capacity of Higher education institutions in Third Countries by increasing mobility between the European Union and these countries.
The Erasmus Mundus 2009-2013 is implemented by the Executive Agency Education, Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA). The Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the field of higher education for:
• the enhancement of quality in European higher education;
• the promotion of the European Union as a centre of excellence in learning around the world;
• the promotion of intercultural understanding through cooperation with Third Countries as well as for the development of Third Countries in the field of higher education.
Erasmus Mundus Action 2 provides:
- Support for the establishment of cooperation partnerships between European higher education institutions and higher education institutions from targeted Third Countries with the objective of organising and implementing structured individual mobility arrangements between the European and Third Country partners.
- Scholarships of various lengths - depending on the priorities defined for the Third Country concerned, the level of studies or the particular arrangements agreed within the partnership - for European* and Third-Country individuals (students, scholars, researchers, professionals).
* The possibility to award scholarships to European individuals depends on the financial instrument used to fund the cooperation activities with the Third Country concerned. Applicants are invited to refer to the annual Call for Proposals for detailed information applicable to Action 2 cooperation activities with individual Third Countries.